Simple Skin Care
Beauty comes from within and is reflected in a clear skin, sparkling eyes, glossy hair and a fit and trim body. For a beautiful and clear skin external treatment can be done at home. Daily and a simple skin care regime includes four basic steps:
Every skin type should follow these basic 4 steps. For a dry type of skin, one can follow all the four steps once a fortnight. For a normal skin type, one can follow this regime once in a week. While oily skin type, these should be done more often.
Simple skin care
As the term suggests it is actually a simple skin care routine by simply cleaning the skin thoroughly. Normal soap and water do not cleanse the skin from deep within. For this, you have to use a good cleanser. The purpose of this article is not to recommend a chemical cleanser. Use natural skin care and cleansing products that are found in our everyday kitchen.
- Dry skin: Cleanse using milk. Apply milk all over your face in a circular motion. Leave it for 15 mins and wash off with plain water.
- Normal skin: Cleanse using tomato juice or cucumber juice. Apply all over the face in a circular motion. Leave it for 15 mins and wash off with plain water.
- Oily skin: Cleanse using a mixture of milk and lime juice. Prepare this cleansing mixture by adding a few drops of lime juice to one spoon of milk. Apply all over the face massaging in a circular motion. Leave it for 15 mins and wash off with plain water.
A second simple skin care step is toning. A good natural skin toner is one which closes the pores of the face and gives a cooling effect to the skin. Ice is an excellent natural skin toner. For normal and oily skin, place an ice Cube covered in a cloth and massage on the skin. For dry skin apply mint extract all over the face.
Moisturizing as the name suggests is done to keep the skin moist. Everyday oils are good moisturizers.
Olive Oil is a universal oil which can be used on all skin types.
- Dry skin: Wheat germ oil or almond oil can be applied on the face to maintain the skin moisture.
- Normal skin: Wheat germ oil or sandalwood
- Oily skin: Lemongrass oil or rosemary oil.
While using essential oils for skin care, it is essential to massage them on the skin. Use outward and upper strokes while applying these oils on the face.
Multani Mitti is a very popular ingredient used in skin tightening. Multani Mitti is combined with additional ingredients depending on skin type. Applying such a paste all over the face tightens the facial muscles. A regular application may keep skin younger.
- Dry skin: Mix one spoon of honey in two spoons of Multani Mitti. Add water as needed to make a smooth paste and apply evenly on face.
- Normal skin: Add few drops of milk and a sprinkle of sandalwood powder to two spoons of Multani Mitti. Mix with water to make a paste and apply all over the face.
- Oily skin: Add turmeric and neem powder to Multani Mitti and make a thick paste in water.
As a general rule, apply the pack from bottom to top and from inside to out. Keep these packs for 25 to 30 mins and wash with normal water.
While this article is an attempt to list some simple skin care tips and techniques, this in no way constitutes a medical opinion. If you have skin issues, consult a medical professional.