Henna for hair
Henna for hair is an ancient remedy. Henna is an herb that contains all the natural goodness that your hair needs on a daily basis. Applying henna on hair keeps hair healthy and beautiful if used in the right way. These days, powder of henna plant is mostly used as a temporary hair colour. It does not cause hair any harm like the way chemical based hair dyes do.
Henna can add a natural red copper colour to your hair and if used regularly. It can actually give your hair a permanent colour in the long run.
While henna will not damage your skin or eyes, it is important to follow the right steps if you want to ensure that your hair is in the best condition when used regularly.
There are different ways to use henna to get beautiful hair. Depending on the type of hair you have, you can use it to treat different hair problems and gain healthy shiny tresses.
Oil with henna for hair
A henna based hair oil will improve hair growth and will prevent hair fall.
You will need
- Henna powder – 5 cups
- Gingelly oil – ¼ kg
- Gently heat the gingelly oil until it starts to boils. Add henna powder and boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool down completely. Store it in a bottle to use when needed.
- Apply this oil on your hair 2 to 3 times a week for about two months.
Hair colouring and hair conditioning
You can make a hair pack with henna powder. This can be used for both colouring as well as conditioning your hair. The result is beautiful, soft and shiny hair.
You will need
- Henna – 2 table spoons
- Curd – 2 table spoons
- Lemon juice – 3 table spoons
- Tea decoction – 1 cup
- Take 1 cup of the tea decoction ( or black tea ) in normal temperature.
- Add henna powder and mix.
- Mix well until you get a smooth and thick paste.
- Add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Leave the mixture aside for 30 minutes.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of curd and mix thoroughly.
- Your hair pack is now ready.
Apply this hair pack evenly on your hair and leave it on for 1 hour. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
This is a great hair pack. Apply once every fortnight to boost hair growth and to add shine to hair.
Reduce hair fall
Another way to use henna for hair to reduce hair fall is to make a henna blended mustard oil.
You will need
- Henna leaves
- Mustard oil
- Heat on low flame about 250 ml of mustard oil
- When the oil starts to boil, add a handful of henna leaves
- Let the mix boil for a few minutes
- Switch off the heat and let it cool
- Store the henna blended mustard oil in a bottle
- This oil can be stored for about a month
Massage your scalp with this mixture 2 to 3 times every week.
For better results with henna for hair, mix fresh curd and lemon juice with the oil to effectively reduce hair fall.
Some traditional tips
- To use henna for hair dye, apply henna on your hair every alternate day for about a week and then repeat once or twice a month. To get the best colour, leave the pack on for at least 5 to 6 hours and always cover with a shower cap to prevent it from drying.
- If you only want to condition your hair, make sure that you do not leave the henna on for more than one hour.
- Whether you are conditioning or colouring your hair with henna, do not apply it on your scalp. Henna can make your scalp dry and cause itching and irritation.
- If you use henna regularly to condition your hair, you should mix honey and an egg with it before you apply it. The honey and egg will moisturize and nourish your hair, counteracting the drying effects of the henna powder, making your locks look gorgeous.
- Henna is a fabulous natural beauty treatment for the tresses. With this herbal treatment, you can have shiny, soft and beautiful hair and make sure that it stays that way. Give your crowning glory a henna treatment and make sure it is always healthy and gorgeous.
Where to from here ?
While henna needs no introduction, the above ideas are some traditional henna techniques such as henna for hair growth, henna for hair dye etc. Feel free to experiment henna with compatible herbs. Some of the compatible complementary and hair friendly ayurvedic herbs are brahmi, amla, indigo etc. These herbs act in a catalytic way by improving the benefits of henna. They also provide positive side effects. Kindly let us know the result of your experimentation.
If you have any specific questions on henna for hair, kindly contact us via phone or mail. We will be only happy to help you.